Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy is an evidence based profession aimed at delivering high value healthcare for pain and functional limitations.
Physiotherapists undergo a 4-year university degree and then enter the workforce as lifelong learners. A major part of the physiotherapy role is keeping up to date with the most effective treatments for improved outcomes and patient empowerment. As such, physio practices are constantly changing and growing to help you achieve more.
Our latest understanding is that the human body is great at adapting in many ways so we should never resign ourselves to our current situation. There is always the opportunity for things to get stronger and better!
Physiotherapists are trained to manage and treat a wide range of conditions:
- Acute pain
- Long term / Chronic pain
- Sporting or Workplace Injury
- Post-operative Rehab
A modern physiotherapy appointment generally looks as follows:
- Quality questioning time, so that we can really gain an understanding of your condition and how it impacts your life.
- Thorough Assessment
- Education, so that you understand what is going on.
- Goal setting, so that you can get back to the things you love.
- Active treatment strategies, so that you can be in the driver’s seat and take control of your health.
A long term plan. This may include some follow-up appointments to help you stay on track, an exercise program or lifestyle advice to help you get more out of each day.
Fees for physiotherapy
|Service / Procedure||SERVICE FEE FOR NON MEDICARE CARD HOLDERS OR PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS||SERVICE FEE FOR|
MEDICARE CARD HOLDERS WITH CHRONIC HEALTH MANAGEMENT CARE PLAN
|SERVICE FEE FOR PENSION CARD HOLDERS WITH CHRONIC HEALTH MANAGEMENT CARE PLAN|
Please call the practice for making appointment bookings.
Payment by Visa, EFPOTS, Hicaps Available
*Note: A non-attendance fee of $35 for GP consultations or 50% of consultation fee for non GP consultations will be applied if you:
– do not attend,
– reschedule within 5 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time,
– cancel within 5 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time.
This fee will need to be paid prior to your next consultation.