Vitality Ear Wax Clinic
What is Ear Microsuction?
Ear microsuction is performed using a microscope and a medical suction device to gently suck out the ear wax from your canal.
The ear canal is being observed throughout the process, making it an exceptionally safe procedure and a far more comfortable process than traditional water irrigation. It provides the following benefits:
- comfortable (no pain)
- no water or any other fluids needed
- no mess
How it works?
Your ears will first be viewed by our doctor using an otoscope. This enables the doctor to see the amount of wax is present.
If ear micro-suction is recommended, you will be asked to lie on a bed. A small metal cone will be gently placed in your ear and your ear canal will be examined with a specialised microscope.
A thin, soft tube attached to a specially designed medical suction device will then be carefully introduced into your ear canal.
Wax is removed gently using a small suction tool attached to a low-pressure suction machine that works like a gentle vacuum cleaner.
Whole process takes about 15-30 minutes.
Who can have it?
- can be used even if the eardrum has been previously perforated
- can be used to remove foreign bodies from the ear
- can be useful in removing excessive discharge caused by ear infections
- can be used in both children and the elderly