45-49 Years Health Assessment
Aim of the 45-49 year old health check
- Once only health check.
- Assist with the detection and prevention of chronic disease and enable early intervention strategies in this age group.
- Lifestyle factors (smoking, physical inactivity etc.)
- Biomedical factors (blood pressure, cholesterol etc.)
- Family History of chronic disease
- Focus on preventative care for the first time.
Who is eligible for the 45-49 year old health check?
- Patients aged 45-49 who are at risk of developing chronic disease.
- Patients who have at least 1 risk factor for chronic disease.
What does the 45-49 year old health check involve?
- Information collection, including taking history and performing examination and investigation as required.
- Conducting an overall assessment of the patient.
- Interventions as indicated.
- Providing advice and information to the patient.
This type of appointment is offered yearly, but should the need arise for assessment sooner please discuss with either a Nurse or Doctor.